Ipv6 for the content provider

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Jan 26 19:22:06 UTC 2011

> And if your servers behind the LB aren't prepared for it, you lose a
> LOT
> of logging data, geolocation capabilities, and some other things if
you
> go that route.
>
> Owen

Relying on IP address for geolocation is actually quite ridiculous
though I do realize that many people seem to believe that you can map an
IP address to the physical location of the originator of the data, at
least to the country level, but I suppose some people will sell you
anything.

We haven't seen any problem with logging data so far in our testing.