Update Spamhaus DROP list from Cisco CLI (TCL)

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Jan 20 16:44:34 UTC 2011

On 1/19/2011 8:19 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> This was done once before, it was called MAPS at the time.  Using BGP
> as a signaling mechanic for this stuff can obviously be useful.  The
> challenge has always been balancing the trust with a 3rd party with
> the other operational requirements.

It's only useful if you want to make troubleshooting problems more
difficult and require remote parties to contact you off-net.
Conditionals for such blocks are more difficult (abuse at domain
whitelisted isn't enough, you have to have a specific @domain which the
filters don't apply to).

I agree that smaller networks are the ones more likely to participate in
such things.

Jack