adaptec 5405 wedged

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Wed Jan 19 00:22:49 UTC 2011

Not sure, but I have seen issues with keyboard input on IPMI or serial-port console systems not working very well in controller BIOS screens. Has this worked before using the same method?

Also, were you able to flash the BIOS of the WD drives with a hacked firmware that has TLER enabled? If not, I would highly suggest not using those drives in a RAID array. Stick with the RAID Edition drives for that. I have had a multitude of issues with drives (particularly Western Digital) that were not designed for RAID use.

-Randy

--
----