Request Spamhaus contact

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Tue Jan 18 08:08:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM, JC Dill <jcdill.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/01/11 5:40 PM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>>
>> I'm not a spammer. I'm an ISP asking to be removed from Spamhaus for
>> having fixed the SBL listings set in the last<  72 hours. I'm not
>> exactally ROKSO material.
>>
>> Jeff

>>> I've asked privately but would it really be too much to take this off
>>> NANOG?
>>>
>>> Spammer complaining he is on a RBL is hardly relevant.
>>>
>>> Chris
>
> Sigh.
>
> First, please quit with the top posting Jeff.  (I refer you to the NANOG FAQ
> for elaboration on why this is not an acceptable format for posting to this
> list.)
>
> Second, this entire thread IS OFF TOPIC for NANOG.  Which you would know if
> you had bothered to read the FAQ before posting.  There are many discussion
> forums for talking about spam and RBLs, and NANOG is not one of them.

> Third, you are not doing your reputation any good with this thread.  Your
> entire tone is one of "I'm so important that the rules don't apply to me.
>  They need to stop blocking me right now.  Even when I'm wrong (when
> spammer's sites are still active because I don't know how to properly
> null-route their IPs, or shut down their server, or I fat fingered the "fix"
> and didn't bother to double check that it's really blocked now.  They still
> need to stop blocking me Right Now."  You may not be aware that this list is
> publicly archived on the web in several different locations.  Anyone who
> bothers to google your name (e.g. a future employer) is likely to discover
> this thread and be less than impressed.  Any future posts are only going to
> add to the problem, not help fix it.
>
> jc

JC,

It was blocked and I did verify it. A very small amount of our traffic
comes in on PCCW and *they* were not honoring a tag that they've
contractually agreed to honor. I can understand why it may be fun to
make this look like a product of my own incompetence, and perhaps it
is something I would have noticed if I wasn't busy responding to
flames.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net