Request Spamhaus contact

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Tue Jan 18 00:17:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:11:37 -0500
Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

> William,
>
> You're quite right, we don't. We presume that our customers are
> honorable until proven otherwise. We're a legitimate U.S. based
> corporation and we make ourselves available to the pertinent RBL's and
> authorities as appropriate. We take action where action needs to be
> taken.

How does refusing service to known spammers/spam operations make you
any less of a legitimate U.S. corporation?  How come all of the
resources mentioned in this thread are still online?

> I take offense, however, to the assumption that our entire company is
> bad and that all of our customers should suffer because of the actions
> of a few. I've given Larry @ Spamhaus a direct link to myself and our
> VP of Ops. If he choose to use it all of these problems can be nipped
> in the bud.

I do not assume your company is bad.  I assume that trying to get
anything shut down at BL is a waste of my time.  A majority of the
people posting on this thread seem to also attest to this point.

Just because you're proxying to other networks does not make you
unresponsible for their activity.

> You're quite fortunate to be under the protection of a major
> corporation, most do not have that luxury.

I am not under anyone's protection.  DroneBL is, but I no longer
operate it due to it being a timesink.  Nor should my opinions reflect
them in any way.  I just wanted to make it clear that I am aware of
what it is like to be under permanent DDoS attack.

William