Request Spamhaus contact

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Tue Jan 18 00:07:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:54:37 -0500
Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

> William,
>
> Our company is primarily focused on the filtering of DDoS traffic. A
> significant amount of our IP space is routed elsewhere via proxy or
> GRE. If a customer pollutes, they pollute and thats their own
> business. If they abuse, we take action. If Spamhaus contacts us
> before ruining the business of others, we still take action (believe
> it or not).

Maybe that is the case now.  It was not the case 8 years ago with IRCCo.

> We don't actively decide to host any of this content. It sprouts up
> and really is not a concern of ours until it becomes an actual
> problem. Comparing us to FOONET and especially Atrivo is ignorant and
> short sighted. Perhaps you would understand if you were targeted by
> attacks.

I used to operate DroneBL.  DroneBL's DNSBL servers are basically under
permanent DDoS attack, which is why Cisco/IronPort and other providers
have to sponsor them now.

While I understand the current aspect of your operation, you must
understand that IRCCo did not make you many friends in the anti-abuse
community.  Sorry, that's just how it is.  We look at BL/IRCCo and it
does not make us feel warm and fuzzy.

Being proactive by say, checking out your customers before lighting
them up would go a long way toward improving the fuzziness perception in
the anti-abuse community.  But you don't do that.  It's clear you don't
do that.

William