Request Spamhaus contact

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jan 17 23:58:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
<jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> Our listing is misleading. They show me specifically what needs to be
> done and why and we will act on it. The problem is that they expect me
> to dig through our customer database and correlate various customers
> to ROKSO listings. I don't have the resources for this. If they show
> me where the problem exists I will fix it but so far they do nothing
> but preemptively block our entire /21 in an attempt to scare us into
> mass removal of customers.

Jeff,

I pulled up http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL100691 .
There is a rather long list at that page of offending IP addresses and
names. Just for grins, I picked one at random:

208.64.120.186 canadian-rx-store.org

I connected to 208.64.120.186 on TCP port 80 and finger-boned an HTTP
request for http://canadian-rx-store.org/ and the server responded as
I would expect a server configured with that name to respond.

canadian-rx-store.org? Really?

Before you cast too many stones, I think you have some work to do.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

P.S. Once this is all done and over with, may I respectfully suggest
you carefully review your customer acquisition process? The object
lessons are likely to get more expensive. Principals of a Virginia
company are not well shielded against liability for facilitating
unlawful prescription drug scams. Civil or criminal.

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004