Single AS Number for multiple prefixes in different country

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Jan 17 14:17:09 UTC 2011

On 1/17/2011 2:20 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> I do not think that paragraph means what you think it means.
>
> I've seen my own AS in full tables from upstreams using Juniper routers many times.

I think it's limited to we received from X, we will not send to X. It
also probably gets turned off most of the time.

However, that is not to say that some router implementation doesn't have
an optimized viewpoint of "hey, this would be a loop, so let's not send
the route". Such code goes against the nature of BGP, where it's the
receiving AS's job to determine policy, including loops.

Jack