Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Sat Jan 15 23:24:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:

> I really doubt this will be the case in IPv6.

I really hope you are right, because I don't want to see that either,
however...

Why do you suppose they did that before with IPv4?  Sure you can make the
argument NOW that v4 is in scarce supply, but 10 years ago it was still
the case.

Has Comcast actually come out and committed to allowing me to have as my
IPs as I want on a consumer connection in the most basic, cheapest
package?  Has any other major provider?

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                ICQ:  2269442