Single AS Number for multiple prefixes in different country

Graham Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Sat Jan 15 19:51:28 UTC 2011

Not to budge in here ... but I have always been curious of this type of
setup, as in all my past BGP deployments its always been that all edges
belong in the same ibgp peering group.

Ryan, does the other edge(s) get confused when they see their same AS number
in the path upon route determination from traffic sourced from another edge?
Or are you doing some sort of BGP Confederation?

I am progressing down the path (no pun intended) of deploying another edge
in another location from which that 'remote' location will have it's own
subnets to announce.  But if I have a requirement not necessary having to
announce the other subnets, I don't need to an expensive L2 back-haul
between the two and do what is discussed here, no?

-graham