Single AS Number for multiple prefixes in different country

Ryan Finnesey ryan.finnesey at HarrierInvestments.com
Sat Jan 15 18:34:42 UTC 2011

We are doing this now and it is working well

-----Original Message-----
From: Harris Hui [mailto:harris.hui at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:59 AM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Single AS Number for multiple prefixes in different country

Hi,

We have an AS Number AS2XXXX and have 2 /24 subnets belongs to this AS
Number. It is using in US and peering with US Service Providers now.

We are going to deploy another site in Asia, can we use the same AS
Number AS2XXXX and have 2 other /24 subnets and peering with other Asia
Service Providers?

Will it affect the routing or BGP Path of our existing subnets in US?

Please advise.

Thanks
Harris :-)