How are you aggregating WAN customers these days?

Michael Ruiz mruiz at lstfinancial.com
Fri Jan 14 02:05:46 UTC 2011

We used that topology, with an Adtran MX 2800 19" rack version.  We
would take our channelize DS-3 from the Telco and the Cisco PA-MC2T3
cards and in turn wire those to a DSX-1 panel.  We then did 1 to 1 DS1
X-connects on the panel.  That was starting to get too much of a pain as
services grew, so we went with a DACS and that took care of having to do
all that DSX-1 wiring.  Ugh.

>The ASRs seem to be the consensus in a lot of places. Wondering if
>anyone has tried anything like aggregating T1 customers onto a mux
>box, then connecting that back to a 6500.

>I work in that kind of topology all day long/ both in 6500 & ASR's.
>All is well/

>On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Chris <behrnetworks at gmail.com

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to put some feelers out there and see what people are
> doing to aggregate WAN customers (T1,T3, etc...) these days. What
> platforms/devices are you using? What seems to be working/not working?
> Any insights would be great!
>
> Thanks,
>

> Chris

Michael Ruiz

Senior Network Engineer

LST Financial, Inc.

Integrated Network Delivery Services, Inc.

Integrated Components, Inc.

Office 210-933-0212

Fax 210-892-2599

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu