Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Greg Whynott Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca
Thu Jan 13 20:13:06 UTC 2011

at one shop were i considered using Juniper instead of a Cisco internet edge router,  the cost of the Juniper was so close to the Cisco it was a non consideration.    The only reason we went with Cisco that time was due to the fact most of the other gear was Cisco,  and it seemed to make more sense to stay with cisco instead of introducing a new vendor/methods into the mix without good reason.

The hardware alone was cheaper than the Cisco kit,  but after we said we needed to hold a million BGP routes,  the prices became very similar.  Juniper wants to license you on the amount of routes you intend to receive,  if i remember correctly.

-g

--

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that of the organization.