Is NAT can provide some kind of protection?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Jan 13 17:07:08 UTC 2011

On 1/13/2011 10:54 AM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> Not in front of servers, they shouldn't - because they have a negative security value in that context.

I agree. Any content checks and reporting should be handled by the
server and not a firewall proxy which might have it's own security
vulnerabilities (just as likely as the server app having them).

That being said, a proxy setup is definitely not unheard of for web
servers, though generally not for security purposes as much as content
distribution purposes.

Jack