IPv6 prefix lengths

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Thu Jan 13 04:02:33 UTC 2011

If you are going to have each site connected separately to the outside world, you will want a /48 for each site.

If you are going to aggregate them internally, you can use whatever you want, although you should be able to get a /48 for each site anyway.

You don't want to announce anything longer than a /48 to the outside world.

-Randy

--
----