co-location and access to your server

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed Jan 12 21:31:42 UTC 2011

todd glassey wrote:
> On 1/12/2011 12:28 PM, Matt Kelly wrote:
>> When you are talking single or partial rack colo it is generally done

> policy.  The ISP's limited access policy has to do with their overhead
> models and that's all there is to that.
>
> Sorry to bring daylight into this but it is what it is... YOU MUST plan
> for redundancy.

Thanks for all the replies, I understand that allowing access to other
people's servers unsupervised could be a bad idea. Problem for my
specific situation is that the 10 to 6 access is exactly the time I
generally am NOT in town.

I guess knowing who entered the building by means of a keycard and
having cameras isn't considered enough to deter potential "evil doers".
I know it's not enough for places like equinix, but that's of a
different caliber.

Thanks,
Jeroen

--