Cisco Sanitization

John Orthoefer jco at direwolf.com
Wed Jan 12 14:58:24 UTC 2011

Really the only way to to clean devices with flash is to destroy the flash.   At a very least you'll need to reflash them with the current OS.

Here is a copy of the DOD Guidelines for every thing...
http://it.ouhsc.edu/policies/documents/infosecurity/DoD_5220.pdf

The flash answer is to use something to write to EVERY address, then erase, or just pulverize it.

johno