IPv6 - real vs theoretical problems

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Jan 11 19:05:06 UTC 2011

And what is to say that some devices won't have several different IPs?
Maybe a different subnet is associated with each individual in the
household when getting their voicemail or making DVR recordings or
whatever.    And I might want the stuff in my garage on a different
subnet that the stuff in my living room because it has different access
policy. To say " Your average home user has no reason at all ..." seems
like saying the average user will have no reason at all to need more
than 640K of RAM.  Many of us are looking at things from today's
perspective.  Maybe each room of my house will have its own subnet with
a low power access point and I can find which room something is in by
the IP address it has.  I have no idea, but do believe there is no
reason to be restrictive in network assignments with v6.