Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Tue Jan 11 14:23:39 UTC 2011

For anyone that is following this thread/subject from yesterday, is it me or does it seem as if Cisco really isn't
the choice for most SP's?

Someone has mentioned that it all really depends on your needs and what it is you want to provide.

IMO, every vendor has something they are good at. I wouldn't use Cisco for everything, nor Juniper etc etc...

The concern I sense is that from Cisco's POV, it's their way or the highway. Not only do you pay a premium for smartnet,
but if there's an issue, they are quick to point the finger. That is not service/support that I desire....

Is this what everyone is sensing as well? I'm starting to look at Brocade now just to do some fair comparisons.....