Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Mon Jan 10 22:54:33 UTC 2011

To be fair to Cisco and maybe I'm way off here. But it seems they do come out with a way to do things first which then become a standard that
they have to follow.

ISL/DOT1Q
HSRP/VRRP
etherchannel/LACP

Just some examples..... I'm not aware of too many other vendors that create their own protocol, in which they then become a standard?