Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

James Smith james at jamesstewartsmith.com
Mon Jan 10 17:38:10 UTC 2011

All the places I've worked in the past decade have been all Cisco shops for
routing and switching, with a lot of Cisco use for security too (firewalls
and IDS).  Same with my current position, but we're switching to Juniper for
all those product categories.  Same or better performance, but 10-20% less
cost.  Additionally, I find the Juniper command line has more features that
make operating and monitoring much more efficient.  Also, JunOS has only one
development train which means that the commands I use work on every single
Juniper platform.  It always bugs me when I’m trying to setup QOS across a
network with different Cisco platforms (CatOS, ASA, different versions of
IOS) and each platform has a completely different way of doing it.

F5 all the way for content management.

TippingPoint for IPS.

--
James Smith