How are you aggregating WAN customers these days?

Jerry Bonner JBonner at enventis.com
Mon Jan 10 17:17:30 UTC 2011

If you have a large amount of ppp/mlppp channelized T3's as most people then I would recommend dumping these into an Adtran TA5000 chassis with multiservice ct3 cards and dumping them to ethernet. Then to an ASR or whatever your vlan agg box is. The cost per t3 port should be significantly cheaper than comparable cisco/juniper router ct3 ports. Last I checked the TA5K doesn't have double tag stacking or HDLC support, but that may or may not be an issue for some.

~jerry