Is Cisco equpiment de facto for you?

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Mon Jan 10 15:31:32 UTC 2011

Hello gents:

I wanted to put this out there for all of you. Our network consists of a mixture of Cisco and Extreme equipment.

Would you say that it's fair to say that if you are serious at all about being a service provider that your core equipment is Cisco based?

Am I limiting myself by thinking that Cisco is the "de facto" vendor of choice? I'm not looking for so much "fanboy" responses, but more of a real world
experience of what you guys use that actually work and does the job.....

No technical questions here, just general feedback. I try to follow the Tolly Group who compares products, and they continually show that Cisco equipment
is a poor performer in almost any equipment compared to others, I find that so hard to believe.....

Thanks!

Brandon