Problems with removing NAT from a network

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Jan 8 23:22:06 UTC 2011

Relay nodes are always protecting themselves by rate-limiting, aren't they?
And isn't most media traffic relayed?  I'm not seeing how the NAT64 scenario
would *dramatically* increase Skype's global relay traffic.  NAT64 would
currently be a very small percentage of all Skype traffic.

We can always find examples of where things will break with v6.  While the
v6-only world is still very small, let's *start* somewhere, where
intelligent clients like Skype can always "fall back" to v4.  Lots of time
to figure out the corner cases.

Frank