AltDB?

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Sat Jan 8 17:13:59 UTC 2011

> Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:17:55 +0900
> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
>
> let me be a bit more clear on this

thanks.

>   o you affect the operational community, you talk with (not to) the
>     operational community where the operational community talks

i think arin does this today.  certainly that is the intent.  on the other
fork of this thread, drc has noted some ways that this engagement area can
be further improved, and i have counted myself as intrigued.

also, i neglected to mention in my earlier notes on this thread that in
addition to public policy meetings and the public policy mailing list
which are open to the entire community not just arin members and which
allow for remote participation not just those who can travel, arin has a
consultation and suggestion process (URL below).  i urge all operators
and interested parties of the operational community to consider sharing
their perspectives and their wisdom with arin to guide it going forward.

	ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process:
	https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html

	ARIN Public Policy Mailing List:

	Meetings:
	https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/index.html