AltDB?

Lee Howard lee at asgard.org
Sat Jan 8 14:23:01 UTC 2011

> example, considering that arin is managing a public resource for the
> community, why are bot meetings not streamed a la cspan?

Having watched Congress on CSPAN, and heard reports about open
ICANN Board meetings, it looks to me like making deliberative
meetings public means nothing substantive happens during meetings.
People get afraid to say anything that might make them look
ignorant, and just make prepared speeches.  All decisions are made
ahead of time through private negotiations, which ends up being the
opposite of transparency.
I think ARIN's Board's output is better than Congress.

> i do not see how you are going to get rid of the liability.

Looking at the ARIN Board minutes of
https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2010_1006.html
and https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2010_1122.html it looks like the
Board is requesting a more detailed liability assessment.   Well-informed
decisions are more likely to be good than the other kind.

Lee