ARIN resource certification service update

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jan 6 16:17:51 UTC 2011

On Jan 5, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> 1) If ARIN doesn't provide the level of authentication you desire, as
>> an ARIN member you should send a note to ppml each day until it's
>> available
>
> this is not address policy.  this is ops.  surely one does not have to
> dirty one's self with the ppml list to get an ops fix done in arin.  it
> is not address policy.
>
> i have a rumor that arin is delaying and possibly not doing rpki that
> seems to have been announced on the ppml list (to which i do not
> subscribe).  as it has impact on routing, not address policy, across
> north america and, in fact the globe, one would think it would be
> announced and discussed a bit more openly and widely.

Randy -

   Excellent point; my apologies for not realizing this sooner and
   posting some information directly for consideration by the NANOG
   community.

   Attached is a message from the arin-discuss mailing list which
   has some more context; please feel free to discuss this on the
   arin-discuss mailing list or here on NANOG (as appropriate)

Thanks!
/John

Begin forwarded message: