NIST IPv6 document

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 6 05:25:24 UTC 2011

Is there any reason we really need to care what size other people use for their Point to Point
links?

Personally, I think /64 works just fine.

I won't criticize anyone for using it. It's what I choose to use.

However, if someone else wants to keep track of /112s, /120s, /124s, /126s, or even /127s
on their own network, so be it. The protocol allows for all of that. If vendors build stuff that
depends on /64, that stuff is technically broken and it's between the network operator
and the vendor to get it resolved.

Owen