AltDB?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Jan 5 17:39:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-05, at 12:31, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 2) If you DEPEND on something for your business, it may just be "worth it" to:
>  a) pay RADB who operates professionally
>  b) use your ISP provided IRR (eg: NTT, level3, savvis, etc)

I generally recommend that people use the RIPE database, regardless of location. The main reason for that used to be that they supported IPv6 policy attributes before anybody else did, but that's quite possibly no longer a useful discriminator.

If you ever have ambitions to announce a route to a peer in Europe, having objects in the RIPE db can also help avoid annoyance.

Joe