NIST IPv6 document

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Wed Jan 5 08:31:46 UTC 2011

Dear Jeff,
 	In my opinion the real challenges already in IPv6 networks the
following: SPAM and attacking over IPv6; DoS; track back hosts with
privacy enhanced addresses.
 	Do you have some methods in your mind to resolve ARP/ND overflow
problem? I think limiting mac address per port on switches both efficient
on IPv4 and IPv6. Equivalent of DHCP snooping and Dynamic ARP Inspection
should be implemented by the switch vendors.... But remember DHCP snooping
et al. implemented in IPv4 after the first serious attacks...Make pressure
on your switch vendors....

Janos Mohacsi
Head of HBONE+ project
Network Engineer, Deputy Director of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882