sudden low spam levels?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Jan 3 19:04:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Ken Chase <ken at sizone.org> wrote:

> I have two independent mailservers, and two other customers that run their
> own
> servers, all largely unrelated infrastructures and target domains, suddenly
> experiencing low levels of spam.

There's definitely been a drop-off in spam levels over the past week, which
comes on top of a general drop over the past few months.

Although far from a great indicator of global levels, the following two
graphs give a good idea on what's happening on a relative basis :
Past Month - http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spammonth
Past Year - http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamyear

The numbers for December are especially unusual, as with Christmas coming
it's normally one of the higher months for spam.

The drop-off since September is mainly due to the closure of
spamit.com(Pharma spam referal company), although I haven't seen any
reports of what's
caused the drop-off in the past week or so.

  Scott.