Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Feb 28 20:27:04 UTC 2011

> It's hard to see v6-only networks as a viable, general-purpose
> solution to anything in the foreseeable future. I'm not sure why
> people keep fixating on that as an end goal. The future we ought to be
> working towards is a consistent, reliable, dual-stack
> environment. There's no point worrying about v6-only operations if we
> can't get dual-stack working reliably.

facile but fallacious fanboyism

  o if ipv6 can not operate as the only protocol, and we will be out
    of ipv4 space and have to deploy 6-only networks, it damned well
    better be able to stand on its own.

  o if ipv6 can not stand on its own, then dual-stack is a joke that
    will be very un-funny very shortly, as one partner in the marriage
    is a dummy.

randy