What vexes VoIP users?

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Mon Feb 28 18:17:44 UTC 2011

Simplicity.

POTS lets me plug almost anything in from the past who-knows-how-many-years and it just works. When it breaks, I can go next door and borrow a telephone.

When I can pick up an automagically configured VoIP device from a huge selection down at the local electronics shop and when it just works at my house and my kids houses then it will be interesting.

VoIP at the last mile is just too niche at the moment. It's for people on this list, not my mother.

--
Leigh