Mac OS X 10.7, still no DHCPv6

Franck Martin franck at genius.com
Mon Feb 28 04:53:31 UTC 2011

Oh... did not know about the heavy baggage...

No, when I first played with IPv6 only network, I found out that RD was silly, it gives an IP adddress but no DNS, and you have to rely on IPv4 to do that. silly, so my understanding is then people saw the mistake, and added some DNS resolution... Because the only option was to get DHCPv6 to get the DNS, but then why create RD in the first place?

So I found this whole saga, to put it mildly "stupid", like when people were talking about migrating to IPv6 but the root servers did not even have an IPv6 address: silly!

So I really don't care between RD and DHCPv6, what I care, is that they should be able to do their job correctly on their own.