Sunday Funnies: Using a smart phone as a diagnostic tool

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Feb 28 02:52:43 UTC 2011

On 2/27/2011 9:00 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Do you have a smartphone?  Blackberry?  iPhone?  Android?
>
> Do you use it as a technical tool in your work, either for accessing
> devices or testing connectivity -- or something else?

I have a Droid2 with the "WiFi Analyzer" freebie app by Kevin Yuan.
Compared to dragging around a real analyzer, it's helpful in the field.

Certainly haven't gone to any great lengths to "find" more, or
purposefully use my phone as a test device, but at least that one is
handy (was discovered by our WiFi guy) and the price is right.

Jeff