Verizon MPLS service in Anchorage

lists lists list.stuff2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:52:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've got a bunch of sites connected to the Verizon Private IP MPLS service,
and recently brought online a location in Anchorage connected to the
brand-new PE node in the same city.

I'm seeing that packets marked as DSCP EF are given fantastic treatment (low
jitter, no packet loss), but other packets, including AF41, AF31, and BE are
given what appears to be the "junk bucket" treatment.

I'm having a difficult time getting anyone to acknowledge this problem, but
it's causing interactive applications to be unusable for times of the day.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?

thanks.