My upstream ISP does support IPv6

Graham Freeman jahiel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:05:42 UTC 2011

On 11 Feb 11, at 19:24 , Matthew Petach wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> I'll start..
>>
>> Hurricane Electric      Happily and readily provided me IPv6 Transit on request.
>> Layer42                         Happily and readily provided me IPv6 Transit on request.
>>
>> Owen
>
> I'll second that--I've had native v6 connectivity with Layer42 at home, with a
> secondary path via HE tunnelbroker via a secondary physical path for many,
> many moons, and have had no complaints.
> For those with smaller-sized connectivity needs, it's likely you'll have better
> success getting v6 connectivity from a tier-2 provider, as there's less non-v6-
> compliant hardware and software that needs to be taken into consideration.
> There's also likely to be some level of impedance mismatch between the
> upgrade priority for high-bandwidth-customer gear and low-bandwidth-customer
> gear at large-sized ISPs, which may relegate you to a slower deployment
> scheduled than if you bring the question up with your local tier 2 provider.
>
> Matt

Thirded.

Layer42.net  :  Dual-stack IPv6 and IPv4 at our cabinets in their new Mountain View (CA, USA) facility.
Works well; basically no hassle getting it going.  Having reverse DNS delegated was a breeze.

HE.net via Tunnelbroker.net :  Bridging the connectivity gaps where my home/office ISPs do not yet offer IPv6.
Very useful service.

UnitedLayer.com  :  apparently ready to provide IPv6 at our cabinets in their suite at 200 Paul (San Francisco, CA, USA) as soon as we install a suitable router.
Can't yet speak from experience as to how well it works, but their network folks certainly know their IPv6.

jump.net.uk  :  dual-stack IPv6 and IPv4 at a VPS hosted by a customer of theirs in in Telehouse North (London, England).
Works well; no hassle.

Graham
(https://cernio.com/)