BGP Failover Question

Charles Gucker cgucker at onesc.net
Mon Feb 21 23:36:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Chris Wallace
<lists at iamchriswallace.com> wrote:
>This isn't the first time we have seen this issue with our various providers, how can I prevent issues like this from happening in the future?

Quick question, are you running with a default route from your
provider?   If so, you're better off either finding another provider,
or upgrading the router (if necessary) to carry a full table.   If
they do something to partition their network, you will see the
decrease in routes learned from them, provided you see those routes
and not the default route as asked above.

charles