Switch with 10 Gig and GRE support in hardware.

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sun Feb 20 20:15:20 UTC 2011

> On 2/18/11 6:30 AM, "Matt Newsom" <matt.newsom at rackspace.com> wrote:
>
> >                I am looking for a switch with a minimum of 12  X
10GE
> >ports on it, that can has routing protocol support and can do GRE in
> >hardware. Does anyone have a suggestion that might fit. Keep in mind
> am
> >looking for something in the 1-2U range and not a chassis.

Hard to tell from the data sheet:

http://www.xbridgeservices.com/images/files/7450_ess.pdf

But it looks like the Alcatel-Lucent 7450 ESS-1 might do it.  Not sure
if it has 4, 8, or 12 10G ports, though.  The data sheet is confusing to
me and it would be oversubscribed but that might be OK in your
applications.