Switch with 10 Gig and GRE support in hardware.

Matt Newsom matt.newsom at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun Feb 20 06:19:32 UTC 2011

The 4900M doesn't do GRE in hardware.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael K. Smith - Adhost [mailto:mksmith at adhost.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:06 AM
To: Matt Newsom; NANOG list
Subject: Re: Switch with 10 Gig and GRE support in hardware.

Potentially the Cisco 4900M.  I can't find specifically about the GRE
support however.  My google-fu just finds discussion about v4 to v6
tunnels in software.  The chassis has 8 built-in ports and two expansion
modules that can each do another 4 TenG ports in a not-oversubscribed
configuration.

Mike
--
Michael K. Smith - CISSP, GSEC, GISP
Chief Technical Officer - Adhost Internet LLC mksmith at adhost.com
w: +1 (206) 404-9500 f: +1 (206) 404-9050
PGP: B49A DDF5 8611 27F3  08B9 84BB E61E 38C0 (Key ID: 0x9A96777D)