Graph Utils (Open-Source)

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Sun Feb 20 01:22:21 UTC 2011

Even with rrdcached, the I/O from many RRD files being updated often
will hammer the I/O subsydtem of most hosts :)

We have a host with around 50k RRD data files and rrdcached running,
most are updated every 5 mins, some every minute (Nagios + PNP) - with
RAID 10 and 10k rpm disks the io wait on the system hangs out at about
15-20 pct, while load hangs around 1-2.

I like rrd a lot but scaling it is hard.

Max