[arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6naysayer...)

Franck Martin franck at genius.com
Fri Feb 18 18:53:52 UTC 2011

http://www.jetcafe.org/~npc/isp/large.html

If you take the 5 top US ISPs and get them to do dual stack IPv6, that's 50 million subscribers in the US only.

I think google and others will notice some serious traffic happening.

It took a market share of 10 to 20% of Mozilla for web developers to go back to support ALL browsers. Same for mobile web site a 10% surfing rate got many companies to develop web sites for mobiles.

If I recall Comcast and Time Warner are participating in IPv6 day. This should create enough eyeballs to show on web analytics graph and provide the shift that makes nat444 irrelevant.

For a network operator I'm looking at the ipv6 ipv4 ASN ratio. Once it passes 10% we will have a snow ball effect in the core.

Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question