AT&T MPLS / BIB Routers

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu Feb 17 13:13:24 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 01:02 AM, George Bonser wrote:

> [...]

Yes, bandwidth limiting is something to try.  It's how you can deal with
your home broadband connection to inject sanity.

Note that you can have bufferbloat just upstream as well.

For example, if you plug a GigE ethernet into a 100Mbps switch, if there
is buffering upstream, it will fill.

http://gettys.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/home-router-puzzle-piece-one-fun-with-your-switch/

In the test case in that post, the bloating is in the laptop plugged
into the 100Mbps switch (in the device driver ring, and possibly
transmit queue).
			- Jim