NIST and SP800-119

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Tue Feb 15 16:06:09 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-15, at 10:36, William Herrin wrote:

> Are you aware of a TCP implementation in an OS that shipped within the
> last decade but doesn't enable IPv4 pMTUd by default?

I am not, but I'd still be vaguely interested in an actual study :-)

The last time I tangled with v4 pMTUd it actually was a decade or more ago. At that time wholesale ICMP blocking caused all kinds of problems for clients with a sub-ethernet MTU in their path. If the world has moved on, that seems good :-)

Joe