PSTN address expansion

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Sat Feb 12 04:17:24 UTC 2011

On 2/11/2011 9:54 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Bah, I substitute your short sighted 12 digits with 40 digit dialing!
However, because the numbers are too long to remember, you only have to
speak or type in the name of someone you want to call, and 15 digits can
be assigned to every household or business site, and the phones will
automatically number themselves, so if you plug your phone in somewhere
else, only the first 25 digits change.

Jack (hmm, I think the VP will be giving me funny looks now)