IPv6 is on the marketers radar

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Feb 11 21:36:14 UTC 2011

On 2/11/2011 3:31 PM, George Bonser wrote:
> "IPv6 is foundational to the next-generation Internet, enabling a
> range of new services and improved user experiences."
>
> Apparently they see IPv6 as some "next-generation Internet" thing.
> It isn't.

Reread what they wrote. IPv6 is "foundational" to the next-generation
Internet. If it's not, then IETF should have added 96 bits and left the
rest of it alone.

I can't blame Cisco for making sure how they implement the linksys is
appropriate for the long term. It's important that they get certain
things right, as future improvements of the Internet DO depend on IPv6
being functional.

Jack