Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu Feb 10 12:08:06 UTC 2011

On 10 feb 2011, at 1:52, Jeff McAdams wrote:

> I've always worked in small to middle sized shops, and I have always found that I've been able to yell and scream about IPv6 (and other features) loud enough, and long enough that I get heard by someone in a decision making position for product features (usually along the lines of a product manager or so).  And every time I've made the effort to do that (admittedly, not a small effort), that product or line of product has had IPv6 available for it within about a year or so (if not sooner).

About 10 years ago I was involved in a project where we were looking for one or two dozen or so gigabit ethernet switches. That order would have barely broken into six figure territory. One sales engineer came around with their product and I remarked "no jumboframe support? your competitors all do 9000 bytes!" A week later, he was back with a newer version of the same box... with 64000-byte jumboframe support.  :-)