Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Jeff Johnstone jj at diamondtech.ca
Thu Feb 10 02:05:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Jeff McAdams <jeffm at iglou.com> wrote:

>  My response then would be, "<explitive>, I asked about it 6 months ago,
>> you're just not paying attention, now get me a product manager on the phone
>> so that I can bend their ear and make sure that I'm heard this time."
>

> --
> Jeff

What I can't believe is that not one single $VENDOR_OF_CHOICE has realized
the potential windfall that is NANOG. They have a captive audience here of
1,000's of the most influential technical people here who would I'm sure
encourage any Vendor who came forward and said "WE WILL" to the IPV6/IPV4
situation.

The depth of technical knowledge available here that could be utilized to
develop a standard home CPE Unit or variations for example is huge.

Not to mention the opportunity to become the "BigBlue" of the 20Teens.

I still remember when it was "safe" for any IT career to go "BigBlue" no
matter what technical situation you were in (If only I'd listened back then
and stayed away from this Linux/Unix stuff). :)

Ah well, back to trying to get my IPV6 working inside a NATed IPV4 only ISP
(They will at least give you a real  IPV4 IP if you wish to do you'r own
NATing, default now is NAT from them).

Cheers
Jeff