Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Feb 10 00:32:16 UTC 2011

On 2/9/2011 6:10 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I don't think that networks with sub-6-figure buildouts are the ones we're too worried about right now.
> They can probably upgrade for sub-6-figure amounts.

sub-6-figure buildouts 15 years ago, is most likely over 6 figures
today. 7 figures probably won't get you much out of C and J today. The
small to middle guys are at the mercy of the large guys applying
pressure to vendors. In addition, there's a lot of finger crossing that
those large guys deploy something similar to your setup so the vendor
will support that layout.

I've had to re-engineer a lot of my networks for IPv6 support due to
limited vendor support. You may not worry about my network (and I'll
admit that I'm still worried about the core networks), but me and every
other small to middle network has to worry about their own network. I
know. I know. Forget us. All our users should just go to the big
networks. :P

Jack