US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

Thomas Magill tmagill at providecommerce.com
Tue Feb 8 13:26:01 UTC 2011

I'm in San Diego and at my last company we had to replace all 2.4Ghz wireless with 5Ghz when we started getting hammered across that range by a signal about 90db higher than our APs by something.  We were never able to identify what it was, but the signal looked odd and an ex-navy coworker said it looked like encrypted navy traffic.  It always came in burst and would disconnect every user when it happened.  Too bad they weren't doing it the day we did our site survey.